It gives me great pleasure to be able to share with you our most recent Ofsted report. Following the team’s visit on 26th and 27th June they have judged Mansfield Green to be OUTSTANDING in all areas.
Some highlights were:
- Teaching in all year groups and across all subjects is of a consistently high standard. As a result, current pupils are making rapid progress in all subjects, including reading, writing and mathematics.
- Teachers provide pupils with exciting learning experiences in a wide range of subjects.
- The carefully planned curriculum gives pupils a well-rounded education, preparing them well for the future.
- The curriculum is enriched with many additional, high quality learning experiences.
- Children in the early years have an excellent start to school life. Exceptional leadership, teaching of the highest quality and stimulating learning environments enable children to make rapid progress in their learning.
- Pupils’ behaviour is exemplary. The school is calm and orderly, which creates a positive climate for learning.
- All leaders contribute exceptionally well to school development and have helped the school to improve significantly since the last inspection.
- The culture of safeguarding is deeply embedded across the school. Staff take their responsibility to protect pupils seriously and are constantly alert to the potential signs that a pupil may be suffering from harm.
- Teaching assistants provide excellent support to further develop pupils’ learning, especially pupils who have SEN and/or disabilities, disadvantaged pupils and pupils who speak English as an additional language.
- Pupils show a true desire and eagerness to learn at Mansfield Green Academy. Pupils have high aspirations and strive to achieve as well as they can. As a result, a purposeful climate for learning permeates throughout the school.
- Teachers provide pupils of all ability groups with highly effective challenge and support. As a result, current pupils make outstanding progress.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank the amazing team at Mansfield Green. Their hard work and dedication has ensured that the children get the best possible start in their school career. To go from special measures to outstanding in such a short period of time is only achieved when everyone works together. This result wouldn’t have been possible without the support from parents, carers and the wider community. Finally, I must mention the amazing children and how their thirst for learning and enthusiasm to succeed makes it a delight to come to work everyday.
Mrs Karen Horne