What is the Sports Premium Grant?
The Government introduced a sports premium grant for schools in September 2013. The PE and sport premium is designed to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of the PE, physical activity and sport offered through the school’s core budget. It is allocated directly to schools so they have the flexibility to use it in the way that works best for their pupils. The Government is spending over £320 million on this funding over the forthcoming academic year.
The objectives of the Primary PE and Sport Premium funding are:
- To develop or add to the PE, physical activity and sport that your school provides.
- To build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years.
This is achieved by:
- Engaging all pupils in regular physical activity.
- Raising the profile of PE and sport across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement.
- Increasing confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport.
- Ensuring a wide range of sports and activities are offered to all pupils.
- Increased participation in competitive sport.
What is our aim?
Mansfield Green will receive £20,208 this academic year.
Our aim is to ensure that PE teaching at Mansfield Green is outstanding; that all of our children are involved in a range of sports activities within PE, extra-curricular clubs, competitions and external associations/clubs.
Sport is a powerful tool for improving life skills such as behaviour, cooperation and gaining a sense of fair play. Our children also take great pride whenever they represent the school, and we wish to continue to develop this sense of identity and celebrate our pupils’ sporting achievements.
How have we used the Sports Premium Grant?
Over the last academic year, the Sports Premium Grant has enabled us to develop our sports provision in a number of ways.
This is what we have achieved so far:
- We have improved the lunchtime provision through the use of sports coaches and play leaders.
- We have put in place several clubs for children with a range of sporting abilities.
To find out more about how we are utilising the Sports Premium grant, please click on the button below: