What is the Sports Premium Grant?
The Government introduced a sports premium grant for schools in September 2013. The PE and sport premium is designed to help primary schools improve the quality of the PE and sport activities they offer their pupils. The Government is spending over £450 million on this funding over the forthcoming academic year.
The objectives of the Primary PE and Sport Premium funding are:
- To improve the quality of existing PE teaching
- To increase participation levels in competitive sport and healthy activity of pupils
- For schools to understand and value the benefit of high quality PE and sport
- To increase the quality of initial teacher training in PE and sport
What is our aim?
Mansfield Green will receive £19,580 per annum.
Our aim is to ensure that PE teaching at Mansfield Green is outstanding; that all of our children are involved in a range of sports activities within PE, extra-curricular clubs, competitions and external associations/clubs.
Sport is a powerful tool for improving life skills such as behaviour, cooperation and gaining a sense of fair play. Our children also take great pride whenever they represent the school, and we wish to continue to develop this sense of identity and celebrate our pupils’ sporting achievements.
How have we used the Sports Premium Grant?
Over the last academic year, the Sports Premium Grant has enabled us to develop our sports provision in a number of ways.
This is what we have achieved so far:
- We have improved the lunchtime provision through the use of sports coaches
- We have put in place several clubs for children with a range of sporting abilities
- We have increased the participation in competitions outside of the school
To find out more about how we are utilising the Sports Premium grant, please click on the link below: